Final Fantasy 7 Remastered

DeadManInBlack

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remastered

Post by DeadManInBlack » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:24 pm

jadefox wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:46 pm
So far no stat boosting items available. I think they really set a stat cap for every character. So, the safest bet would adding more magnify, elemental and other essential materias. AFAIK, only one magnify materia can be owned in the game. I miss the materia giving birth. :(
Not just me with that then haha, it was brilliant having master materia on all 3 characters so basically everyone had every piece of magic and summon in the game.

Yeah having played dothack as well I can understand what they want to do but with that game you could max out stats just only to a certain level for that game if I remember right, the very least there was a level cap like this one.

Max SP will have to do for now, I wonder if the stat stuff will come in later parts.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:38 am

DeadManInBlack wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:24 pm
So far no stat boosting items available. I think they really set a stat cap for every character. So, the safest bet would adding more magnify, elemental and other essential materias. AFAIK, only one magnify materia can be owned in the game. I miss the materia giving birth. :(
Not just me with that then haha, it was brilliant having master materia on all 3 characters so basically everyone had every piece of magic and summon in the game.

Yeah having played dothack as well I can understand what they want to do but with that game you could max out stats just only to a certain level for that game if I remember right, the very least there was a level cap like this one.

Max SP will have to do for now, I wonder if the stat stuff will come in later parts.
Stats can't be edited, just checked. And SP I'm looking into but this game's save is... weird.
jadefox

Post by jadefox » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:54 am

hopefully there would be new contents soon... postgame gets real old real fast...
jadefox

Post by jadefox » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:55 am

zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:38 am

Stats can't be edited, just checked. And SP I'm looking into but this game's save is... weird.
care to elaborate on how weird it is. Looks like SE has done some pretty hard coding hahaha
NumberXer0

Post by NumberXer0 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:17 am

Well..I got a single edit in earlier this morning, but I haven't been able to upload any saves the past day. Unfortunate, I'm really looking forward to seeing what can be done with this game.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:44 am

jadefox wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:55 am

care to elaborate on how weird it is. Looks like SE has done some pretty hard coding hahaha
So in certain games they'll just store values and you can look them up so if you have 5000 gold, you can just look up 5000. Other games can store things differently in a more complicated manner. For example; from what I can tell in this game, your SP isn't stored as a number. So if you have 210, the save isn't going to store 210. What it will do is store the total amount of points you've currently used, then cross reference it with the amount of volumes you have and subtract it to total the amount of points that you have available upon loading in the game. This make is much more difficult to A: find values in general, and B: especially to make codes. I think that's why people are having issues with certain codes, the game's save is more complicated than it probably needed to be. I still have only been able to look at the save on a very brief basis and when people stop flooding the servers I'll see if I can come up with anything substantial.
jadefox

Post by jadefox » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 am

zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:44 am

So in certain games they'll just store values and you can look them up so if you have 5000 gold, you can just look up 5000. Other games can store things differently in a more complicated manner. For example; from what I can tell in this game, your SP isn't stored as a number. So if you have 210, the save isn't going to store 210. What it will do is store the total amount of points you've currently used, then cross reference it with the amount of volumes you have and subtract it to total the amount of points that you have available upon loading in the game. This make is much more difficult to A: find values in general, and B: especially to make codes. I think that's why people are having issues with certain codes, the game's save is more complicated than it probably needed to be. I still have only been able to look at the save on a very brief basis and when people stop flooding the servers I'll see if I can come up with anything substantial.
oh i think it will take some time before people can actually figure out the values... i think they did this to another game as well can't remember whether it's Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:07 am

jadefox wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 am
zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:44 am

oh i think it will take some time before people can actually figure out the values... i think they did this to another game as well can't remember whether it's Star Ocean or Valkyrie Profile
It's definitely not as bad as Star Ocean was. The good news is item editing doesn't seem to be too challenging.

Blue = ID

Red = Type (Consumable, Weapon, Accessory, Key Item, etc)

Black = Quantity

Now dumping the IDs for all the items at the moment is impossible until people stop clogging the servers.
jjr

Post by jjr » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:27 am

Can anyone do a mimicry one where I can just learn something like self explode only to complete list and yet get the (only) missing trophy? I did morborl twice and didn't learn... Don't have the energy to do it again since it takes time to get there
smallorc14

Post by smallorc14 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:45 am

jadefox wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:29 am
smallorc14 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:34 am what would be stats codes like max vitality max hp and max mp and the other stats but max all stats is kinda boring so having things spread out so you can chose like vitality strenght for each stat instead of max all and materia so that you can have of 4 each Materia like Magnify and ap and stuff
according to SW it's impossible to do stat editing... we'll see soon enough... i think there is a stats lock implemented by square in order to preserve the integrity of the save file for the next episode like what dot hack did.
actully thats becuse of lvl but if you max lvl and then use a stat code thenit will stay at that becuse stats change when you lvl up they return to normal but if you are max lvl then change the stats it probly works