Final Fantasy 7 Remastered

BloodSyn

Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remastered

Post by BloodSyn » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:09 am

zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:27 pm
yevinorion wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 pm
zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:18 pm Nope. Best you can do is mod in more Magic Up materias to make your spells super strong, and add more luck materias to increase your crit rate. You guys are looking for memory edits, not save editing, which you can't do unless you CFW your PS4.
Oh I thought he meant like if an accessory gave you +50% magic damage you might be able to edit the value on that item to something else. I’m not sure if that would even be possible.

I think what’s been found so far is great though as some of these accessories/armors you can only get one in the game so having more than one already gives you a great advantage.
I know what he meant. You can't edit the stats on accessories. To be clear: You can in no way edit your stats outside of the parameters the game gives you. Is there a materia that boosts a stat? Then yes you hack more in and stack it. Is there not a materia to increase the stat (Strength/Attack)? Then you can't edit it. But yes, you can give yourself more accessories and what not.
Zachillios, most games like this do have stats as a part of variable data w/I the save and are thereby editable. You are correct that this doesn't seem to be the case here though. My best guess is that the items (books, armor, weapons) and levels are all hard coded to game file not save, and only thing on save is a check for "in possession" x qty or level. Then game calculates that times game file to build stats.

To this end codes could be used to max level, max materia ap, or give items (yes=01 through what ever/ no=00) . @Skiller (diff site) had pics showing there are 14 books per per character to raise SP w/I save database and I believe a max a bit over 600 (634 I think) total possible SP between levels and books (not sure if that was coding multiple copies of books, but dont think so as they are key items so probably auto calculate to default x1) That should be pretty darn close to maxing any weapon I believe. So max weapons w AP, max levels, unlock best armor/accessories, and max materia in order to maximize stats as much as possible.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:26 am

BloodSyn wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:09 am
zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:27 pm
yevinorion wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:23 pm
zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:18 pm Nope. Best you can do is mod in more Magic Up materias to make your spells super strong, and add more luck materias to increase your crit rate. You guys are looking for memory edits, not save editing, which you can't do unless you CFW your PS4.
Oh I thought he meant like if an accessory gave you +50% magic damage you might be able to edit the value on that item to something else. I’m not sure if that would even be possible.

I think what’s been found so far is great though as some of these accessories/armors you can only get one in the game so having more than one already gives you a great advantage.
I know what he meant. You can't edit the stats on accessories. To be clear: You can in no way edit your stats outside of the parameters the game gives you. Is there a materia that boosts a stat? Then yes you hack more in and stack it. Is there not a materia to increase the stat (Strength/Attack)? Then you can't edit it. But yes, you can give yourself more accessories and what not.
Zachillios, most games like this do have stats as a part of variable data w/I the save and are thereby editable. You are correct that this doesn't seem to be the case here though. My best guess is that the items (books, armor, weapons) and levels are all hard coded to game file not save, and only thing on save is a check for "in possession" x qty or level. Then game calculates that times game file to build stats.

To this end codes could be used to max level, max materia ap, or give items (yes=01 through what ever/ no=00) . @Skiller (diff site) had pics showing there are 14 books per per character to raise SP w/I save database and I believe a max a bit over 600 (634 I think) total possible SP between levels and books (not sure if that was coding multiple copies of books, but dont think so as they are key items so probably auto calculate to default x1) That should be pretty darn close to maxing any weapon I believe. So max weapons w AP, max levels, unlock best armor/accessories, and max materia in order to maximize stats as much as possible.
Okay? I'm not sure why you felt the need to quote me and tell me exactly what I've said 4 times in this thread. And yes, the volumes are obtained mainly on hard mode and that's how your SP is calculated which I pointed out already:
zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:44 am So in certain games they'll just store values and you can look them up so if you have 5000 gold, you can just look up 5000. Other games can store things differently in a more complicated manner. For example; from what I can tell in this game, your SP isn't stored as a number. So if you have 210, the save isn't going to store 210. What it will do is store the total amount of points you've currently used, then cross reference it with the amount of volumes you have and subtract it to total the amount of points that you have available upon loading in the game. This make is much more difficult to A: find values in general, and B: especially to make codes. I think that's why people are having issues with certain codes, the game's save is more complicated than it probably needed to be. I still have only been able to look at the save on a very brief basis and when people stop flooding the servers I'll see if I can come up with anything substantial.
yevinorion

Post by yevinorion » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:34 am

zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:18 pm I know what he meant. You can't edit the stats on accessories. To be clear: You can in no way edit your stats outside of the parameters the game gives you. Is there a materia that boosts a stat? Then yes you hack more in and stack it. Is there not a materia to increase the stat (Strength/Attack)? Then you can't edit it. But yes, you can give yourself more accessories and what not.
Ok, thanks for clarifying! Hopefully they open it up a bit more in the next episode.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:43 am

yevinorion wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:34 am
zachillios wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:18 pm I know what he meant. You can't edit the stats on accessories. To be clear: You can in no way edit your stats outside of the parameters the game gives you. Is there a materia that boosts a stat? Then yes you hack more in and stack it. Is there not a materia to increase the stat (Strength/Attack)? Then you can't edit it. But yes, you can give yourself more accessories and what not.
Ok, thanks for clarifying! Hopefully they open it up a bit more in the next episode.
No problem. Your best bet is stacking Magic Up materias on Aerith and giving her magnify. She'll be able to 1 shot almost everything in the game with about 4 magic ups and making use of her arcane ward.
jadefox

Post by jadefox » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:46 am

Tried coming up with codes to add magnify, mp absorption, magic up, luck up using skiller's format but I think I botched it hahaha anybody willing to give it a whirl?
yevinorion

Post by yevinorion » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:57 am

jadefox wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:31 pm tried the OP Armor and Gotterdammerung codes and it doesn't show in my inventory weird...
I was able to get Gotterdammerung to work, but not armor. May try breaking it up into individual codes instead of all 3 at once.

Yeah, I’m with you on the Add Materia. I’m not knowledgeable enough to quite get that to work.

Also, for some reason SW’s Max Gil cheat doesn’t seem to work for me. Will have to try applying that one individually without any others.
yevinorion

Post by yevinorion » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Ok quick update, got the Gotterdammerung and the Chain Bangle to work (separated this out from the 3x OP Armor code). Tried SW's Max Gil code with nothing else activated, but still doesn't work for me. Anyone know if there's a trigger or something you have to do to make it work?
Lakell00

Post by Lakell00 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:23 pm

sw knew this was gonna happen when ff7 remake came out so it will get better once everyone gets off sw plus everyone at home too they did make a new server this game u just got to get lucky and find it its just might take a few weeks just gonna have to be patient..................
Lakell00

Post by Lakell00 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:24 pm

money worked for me max items didnt
yevinorion

Post by yevinorion » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:16 pm

Lakell00 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:24 pm money worked for me max items didnt
Max items didn’t work for me either, just the max moogle medals.