Can you edit the value of existing cheats?

Can't find an answer to your question? Ask here!
Merkhava

Can you edit the value of existing cheats?

Post by Merkhava » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:07 pm

Most cheats max out values, which makes playing games meaningless. For example, a money cheat might give you 999,999,999. I don't need that much, I just need a little boost, like going from 2,000 to 50,000. Is it possible to edit cheats so you can put in your own value? How do I do that? I know there is an advanced mode, but I find it too complicated.

Since they already have the address for the cheats, I was hoping we could take existing ones and change the value. Any way to do this easily?

Thanks.
TheGoat2

Re: Can you edit the value of existing cheats?

Post by TheGoat2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:15 pm

Merkhava wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:07 pm Most cheats max out values, which makes playing games meaningless. For example, a money cheat might give you 999,999,999. I don't need that much, I just need a little boost, like going from 2,000 to 50,000. Is it possible to edit cheats so you can put in your own value? How do I do that? I know there is an advanced mode, but I find it too complicated.

Since they already have the address for the cheats, I was hoping we could take existing ones and change the value. Any way to do this easily?

Thanks.
I sent SW an e-mail regarding that such issue, and never got a response because apparently they don't respond to e-mails, at least e-mails asking for reasonable values to cheats instead of getting 999,999,999 of things, because I hear ya man, sometimes (most times frankly) you just want a little boost, not a game-ruining excess of gold or exp or whatever you're looking for.

There are some tutorials out there (I think some even on this site) that will help explain Advanced Mode, but if you're just looking at something like taking a value from 2,000 to 50,000, here are a few quick steps:

1) Plug 2,000 into a Calculator that has a Programming function on it, so that when you type 2,000 in, you can also get the Hex value for it, which is 07 D0 by the way.
2) Most every game I have ever messed around with Advanced Mode on puts those values in reverse, so when you go into Advanced Mode, click Search and leave it on Hex values, and search for D0 07 instead because that's the hex value reversed.
3) You might end up finding multiple instances of that number, so you might just have to trial and error it. If you're number is more unique, say like 2,742 or something, might make it easier to find.
4) Once you find the value you want to change, highlight it and type in 50 C3 (that's 50,000 in reverse) and then click Apply changes and save.

Hope that helps a bit!
Ruykin

Post by Ruykin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:11 pm

I think for SW it is just easier to put max amount of cheats instead of finding each value. They probably get thousands of emails a day so they won't reply to stuff like cheats etc. The only solution is if it has advanced mode is to learn hex editing or ask around to see if people will make codes for it. If it is QMO you are SOL!
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. Plato

Merkhava

Post by Merkhava » Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 pm

TheGoat2 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:15 pm
Merkhava wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:07 pm Most cheats max out values, which makes playing games meaningless. For example, a money cheat might give you 999,999,999. I don't need that much, I just need a little boost, like going from 2,000 to 50,000. Is it possible to edit cheats so you can put in your own value? How do I do that? I know there is an advanced mode, but I find it too complicated.

Thanks.
I sent SW an e-mail regarding that such issue, and never got a response because apparently they don't respond to e-mails, at least e-mails asking for reasonable values to cheats instead of getting 999,999,999 of things, because I hear ya man, sometimes (most times frankly) you just want a little boost, not a game-ruining excess of gold or exp or whatever you're looking for.

There are some tutorials out there (I think some even on this site) that will help explain Advanced Mode, but if you're just looking at something like taking a value from 2,000 to 50,000, here are a few quick steps:

1) Plug 2,000 into a Calculator that has a Programming function on it, so that when you type 2,000 in, you can also get the Hex value for it, which is 07 D0 by the way.
2) Most every game I have ever messed around with Advanced Mode on puts those values in reverse, so when you go into Advanced Mode, click Search and leave it on Hex values, and search for D0 07 instead because that's the hex value reversed.
3) You might end up finding multiple instances of that number, so you might just have to trial and error it. If you're number is more unique, say like 2,742 or something, might make it easier to find.
4) Once you find the value you want to change, highlight it and type in 50 C3 (that's 50,000 in reverse) and then click Apply changes and save.

Hope that helps a bit!

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to give such a thoughtful response. I'll look into advance mode like you recommended. Cheers.