PSVita 3.61 to 3.60 Intentionally Brick carry out

Security and underground discussions
AlexTCGPro

Re: PSVita 3.61 to 3.60 Intentionally Brick carry out

Post by AlexTCGPro » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:01 pm

bugsystew wrote:
AlexTCGPro wrote:This is very interesting, has anybody tried these steps yet?
I did, but doesn't work
I see, how bad, perhaps it is all fake, but I really want to believe it's due to the mistranslation.

Will you be willing to try again if we manage to figure the instructions?

About the guy who wanted to figure part 2 if someone managed to semi brick the console (can't quote due to being on the cellphone) will resetting the console work? I believe it restores the current firmware, or maybe we should try downgrading to another lower firmware and then use qcma to then upgrade to 3.60? Will that be better?
bugsystew

Post by bugsystew » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Yep, i can do this again
melchieor

Post by melchieor » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:10 pm

I am also very interested in this. My vita came with 3.61 :(
AlexTCGPro

Post by AlexTCGPro » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:32 pm

I believe the best thing we should do is wait for OP to explain again, but while he is absent I'm gonna try to understand what the instructions really are about... It seems that first, we need to brick our Vita, or semi brick it at least, and while it's bricked we have to enter security/recovery mode and with charles and the hex edits we made simply install the firmware we want, the process doesn't look too complicated, the only hard part it's bricking the Vita in the first place.

But OP said this is the short version of the process so it can't be that simple, I think shaneod is on track but his instruction don't work either correct? We need to figure what parts are right and which are wrong.

I'm also curious to know if my idea of downgrading to a firmware below 3.60 and then update with qcma to 3.60 will we better or not.
xMacx

Post by xMacx » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm from the demo mode out completely? 3.61, will then try again. and better describe
AlexTCGPro

Post by AlexTCGPro » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:56 pm

xMacx wrote:I'm from the demo mode out completely? 3.61, will then try again. and better describe
Yes, thank you, if you can post pictures or upload a video it will be appreciated
melchieor

Post by melchieor » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:53 pm

xMacx wrote:I'm from the demo mode out completely? 3.61, will then try again. and better describe
I am sure there are people here that can speak your language. Post in your native tongue. If you cant then post a youtube video of the procedure. Otherwise people here will start to ignore your posts.
VitaType

Post by VitaType » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:36 pm

melchieor wrote:I am sure there are people here that can speak your language. Post in your native tongue. If you cant then post a youtube video of the procedure. Otherwise people here will start to ignore your posts.
I offered him to help him with a translation from a german version (which he had to write) into english.
The only response (in german) was that he will try it again (I assume with it he means writing a english tutorial).
This was two days ago now...
AlexTCGPro

Post by AlexTCGPro » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:40 pm

VitaType wrote:I offered him to help him with a translation from a german version (which he had to write) into english.
The only response (in german) was that he will try it again (I assume with it he means writing a english tutorial).
This was two days ago now...
The guy just replied a couple of hours ago, he's probably very busy testing things or with life itself, this is gold but I think we can all wait a little more
VitaType

Post by VitaType » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:55 pm

AlexTCGPro wrote:The guy just replied a couple of hours ago, he's probably very busy testing things or with life itself, this is gold but I think we can all wait a little more
Optimist.