How to add more roms to the PSvita or PSTV using FTP

Post or find tutorials, how-to, guides, tips & tricks here
hackinformer
Site Admin

How to add more roms to the PSvita or PSTV using FTP

Post by hackinformer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:03 pm

First you are going to have to install filezilla on your PC or Mac.
PC download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezil ... e/download
Mac download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezil ... 2/download

Then you will need VitaFTP installed on the vita with VHBL, Ark or TN-V.

Download VitaFTP, if you don't have it in the vita. If you have it in the vita already then you don't need to download it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg7lq48bcxniq ... P.rar?dl=0

Once ifilezilla is installed, launch it on your PC or Mac and it’s going to look like this.

Now using the PSVita or PSTV you are going to launch VHBL, Ark, or TN-V. I'm going to use VHBL for the example on this guide but it's all the same when it comes down to it.

Launch ftp on the PSVita or PSTV and it’s going to give you a ip address, like in the picture below. Now you will probably get a different ip address then what you see in the pic but every person will get a different one depending on your router at home.

Now you are going to go to filezilla on the PC or Mac that is already up and running. Where you see the red arrow is where you are going to put in the ip address that the PSVita or PSTV gives you.

Then press enter on the keyboard and you will see it talk to the PSVita or PSTV and pull up the dir.

Double click on the psp folder, then you will see the vhbl folder,

Double click on the vhbl folder and now you will see the emulators.

Double click on the emulator you want to add roms too, we are going to use SNES as example.

Then all you do is drag and drop the roms into the rom folder and that’s it you just added another rom to the emulator and can play it once you launch the emulator you added it to.
Agentprime

Re: How to add more roms to the PSvita or PSTV using FTP

Post by Agentprime » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:36 pm

I had a quick question about snes and Genesis Roms. I am copying those roms over to the vita using the Ftp method you provided on the forum and some of the roms work, and some of them don't. Is this normal?, or is there a way to ensure they all work correctly?, thanks
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Its best to make sure all the roms have the same ext... like Mario kart.smc. It will have a smc ext and its also a good idea to keep some of them unzipped. I just noticed that I have better luck with them running unzipped roms then them being zipped up. Last but not least some of the roms could just be bad as your pc or smartdevice isn't as picky when it comes to roms like the vita is.
MoonBunnyMB

Post by MoonBunnyMB » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi, I've done this method, but none of my roms are working for some reason. Some, in GBA Kai will open for a moment, then freeze, others will open to just a black screen. On SNEX9x, the roms will boot up, and then the program will freeze. Oddly, sometimes it will freeze up just when I'm scrolling through my rom list. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong. The roms are unzipped, and all have the correct extension. I'm on a PS Vita slim, 3.60 firmware.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Have you tried just running them from the game save ( savedata folder ) either the roms or the whole emulator like this neo geo one I did all ready to go and run right from the savedata folder.
http://forum.hackinformer.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=718
sanghyub95

Post by sanghyub95 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:00 am

Then you will need VitaFTP installed on the vita with VHBL, Ark or TN-V.

Download VitaFTP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg7lq48bcxniq ... P.rar?dl=0
That 2nd link didnt seem to be working.
MoonBunnyMB

Post by MoonBunnyMB » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:11 pm

I did give that a go. The Neo Geo worked fine, but unfortunately the SNES didn't work. Does it need cache files as well?

Feel free to move this if it needs to be, because it's gone kind of off topic from this.
AngelAngle112

Post by AngelAngle112 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:09 am

I really like this post and how I love hearing their testimonies.
slope unblocked
thomasfrank

Post by thomasfrank » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:44 am

This post is exactly what I'm looking for. The content is fully fit and I enjoy it so much. quordle games io
shark0175

Post by shark0175 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:26 am

This instruction you mentioned is very detailed and easy to understand. Now I can add roms to the PSvita as many as I want. drift boss 1001 tips