Post or find tutorials, how-to, guides, tips & tricks here
Dessel575

How to create PSP game/homebrew bubbles using Skiller's tool v3

Post by Dessel575 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:01 am

What do you need:
- homebrew (in .ISO), or backup (.ISO) of your PSP game
- EBOOT.PBP of your base game
- base game in your Vita
- Skiller's tools (https://mega.nz/#!N8Mk2RiY!v5Dqor_r4s1S ... e06qZn7Qjk) (he put together sign_np, npdpc, sboot, etc.)
- FileZilla (or another FTP Client)
- HxD (or another hex editor)
- PSP Brew (http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applicati ... -v091.html)
- PBOOT.PBP
- STARTDAT.PNG

v2 Update: Explained how to transfer EBOOT.PBP on 3.36 (Step 3).
v3 Update: Added info about STARTDAT.PNG & new Skiller's tool.

You may have to try different base games, some of them work, some don't. Just don't use 3.18 exploit games/minis.

Step 1 - Signing your ISO
1) Obtain EBOOT.PBP which is going to be a base game for your ISO.
Use either FTP (PSP → GAME → NPXX00000 [ID, write it down/remember it; this is a placeholder name, your base game's ID will be different] → here's EBOOT.PBP),

or Sony website (account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com → *Sign In* → Media → Games → choose a base game and download it, you will download .XPD fle → open .XPD in Notepad → find URL (http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/.../.../....pkg) → paste that url into the address bar → .PKG will download → extract EBOOT.PBP from .PKG using PkgView_1.3)

2) Extract "Sign104.rar", you will have the "Sign104BAT" folder.

3) Then, open README.TXT and proceed according to it:
- Put your base game's eboot in the "Sign104BAT" folder.
- Rename EBOOT.PBP to NP.PBP
- Open the SignCFIG.txt file. (config file)
- Set your compression to either 0 for compression or 1 for no comression.
- If you have previously extracted your key (if you have run this with the same base game then you already have your key), put the filename in the "USEKEYFOLDER:" in place of the 1. An example is provided. If you haven't run it with the base game before then leave it at 1.
- You can either drag and drop the .ISO on to "SIGNNP.bat", or double-click on "SIGNNP.bat".
- For double click option, under "ISONAME:" you will put the name of the ISO file you're using. So if your ISO is named NES.ISO you will put that after the : so it would look like this:
ISONAME: NES.ISO
- If you prefer to drag and drop the .ISO then it should be ISONAME:1
- For a custom bootscreen make CUSTOMBOOT:0 and put your custom boot PNG in the root folder and name it STARTDAT.PNG Two are provided from Skiller for his CMP site. You can get more here: http://hackinformer.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=267
Remember that STARTDAT.PNG should be 480x272 and -PNG format.
- Quietmode is where you don't see the command screen, it just does it behind the scenes. You can turn it on or off. Doesn't affect the program at all.
- Save the "SignCFIG.txt" file and close it.
- Drop your ISO on to SIGNNP.bat (if you have ISONAME:1), or double-click it. (if you have e.g. ISONAME: NES.ISO)
- Check the FIXGAME folder for your new EBOOT.PBP

Step 2 - Creating PBOOT.PBP
1) Download this PBOOT.PBP (https://mega.co.nz/#!LMwxXSCb!7Y8buO7Aa ... m5Evh6lxDQ)
2) Open it in PSP Brew.
3) Put there ICON0.PNG (Main Icon) and change the Title to whatever you want, then save.
4) Open this PBOOT.PBP in HxD, locate "BASEIDXXX" and change it to yout base game's ID (NPXX00000 in our case, check '1)' of Step 1 if you don't understand)
5) Save.
6) Copy this PBOOT into a random PSP Savedata.

Step 3 - Transferring your new EBOOT.PBP and PBOOT.PBP into PS Vita.
Here are actually 2 ways to do it.
First - using FTP:
You should know that FTP takes a long time to transfer files.
1) Open FTP for Vita (from TN-V!)
2) Connect to the FTP server with FileZilla, go to PSP → GAME
3) Change your base game's name from NPXX00000 to NPXX00000&, paste there PBOOT.PBP
4) Create NPXX00000, paste there EBOOT.PBP (the one from FIXGAME folder, check '3)' of Step 1 if you don't know)
5) Check if everything's where it should be, then close TN-V.

Second - using PSP Filer :
1) Put the EBOOT.PBP you created in Step 1 into a random PSP savedata, you can choose the same savedata you put the PBOOT.PBP (Step 2) into.
2) Copy this PSP savedata to your PS Vita.
3) Open PSP Filer (<3.30 - use TN-V to open PSP Filer, 3.36 - use VHBL bubble to open PSP Filer)
4) Rename your base game from NPXX00000 to NPXX00000&, copy there PBOOT.PBP from the PSP savedata you had put it into.
4) Create NPXX00000, copy there newly created EBOOT.PBP from the PSP savedata you had put it into. That's it.

Step 4 - Letting Vita do "magic".
1) Shutdown PS Vita.
2) Boot into recovery mode. (Power button + R + PS button)
3) Rebuild database.
4) You should have a custom bubble.

That's it, it's really easy, but if you run into any problems, contact me on twitter.
As I sad in the beginning, if you did everything right and it didn't work, try a different base game, or check if PBOOT's id matches with id of the base game.

Credits to:
- Hykem, Proxima and tpunix for sign_np
- Skiler for putting things together and making everything a lot easier
- Major_Tom for his method to create custom bubbles
Last edited by hackinformer on Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
MovingxTarget

RE: How to create PSP game/homebrew bubbles using Skiller's tools

Post by MovingxTarget » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Made a account just to say this is the best tutorial available for the vita bubbles. Better than Zetts and others imo. Thanks!
dMouZe

Post by dMouZe » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 pm

Dessel575 wrote: What do you need:
- homebrew (in .ISO), or backup (.ISO) of your PSP game
- EBOOT.PBP of your base game
- base game in your Vita
- Skiller's tools (http://hackinformer.com/DLC/Sign.rar) (he put together sign_np, npdpc, sboot, etc.)
- FileZilla (or another FTP Client)
- HxD (or another hex editor)
- PSP Brew (http://dl.qj.net/psp/homebrew-applicati ... -v091.html)
- PBOOT.PBP

Update: Removed everything 3.36 related. I can't test it, I don't want to write BS.

You may have to try different base games, some of them work, some don't.
This tutorial is for those on FW 3.18, I don't have access to ≥3.30. Basically, you'll have to use a different method to transfer EBOOT.PBP into your Vita in Step 3.

Step 1 - Signing your ISO
1) Obtain EBOOT.PBP which is going to be a base game for your ISO.
Use either FTP (PSP → GAME → NPXX00000 [ID, write it down/remember it; this is a placeholder name, your base game's ID will be different] → here's EBOOT.PBP),

or Sony website (account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com → *Sign In* → Media → Games → choose a base game and download it, you will download .XPD fle → open .XPD in Notepad → find URL (http://zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/.../.../....pkg) → paste that url into the address bar → .PKG will download → extract EBOOT.PBP from .PKG using PkgView_1.3)

2) Extract "Sign.rar", you will have "Bubbles" folder.

3) Then, here's an official text from Skiller's README.TXT, my comments are in []:
- Put your base game’s eboot [the one you obtained in '1)' of Step 1] inside this folder [Bubbles].
- Rename EBOOT.PBP to NP.PBP
- Open the SignCFIG.txt file. set your compression to either 0 for
compression or 1 for no compression. Save and close.
- Drop your ISO on to SIGNNP.bat
- Check the FIXGAME folder [.../Bubbles/FIXGAME] for your new EBOOT.PBP
Sounds too easy? Well, that's how it is.

Step 2 - Creating PBOOT.PBP
1) Download this PBOOT.PBP (https://mega.co.nz/#!vEByhYoZ!ksGHyo4Rs ... A7UH478GiY)
2) Open it in PSP Brew.
3) Put there ICON0.PNG (Main Icon) and change the Title to whatever you want, then save.
4) Open this PBOOT.PBP in HxD, locate "BASEIDXXX" and change it to yout base game's ID (NPXX00000 in our case, check '1)' of Step 1 if you don't understand)
5) Save.

Step 3 - Putting your new EBOOT.PBP inside PS Vita.
1) Open FTP for Vita (from TN-V!)
2) Connect to the FTP server with FileZilla, go to PSP → GAME
3) Change your base game's name from NPXX00000 to NPXX00000&, paste there PBOOT.PBP
4) Create NPXX00000, paste there EBOOT.PBP (the one from FIXGAME folder, check '3)' of Step 1 if you don't know)
5) Check if everything's where it should be, then close TN-V.

Step 4 - Letting Vita do "magic".
1) Shutdown PS Vita.
2) Boot into recovery mode. (Power button + R + PS button)
3) Rebuild database.
4) You should have a custom bubble.

That's it, it's really easy, but if you run into any problems, contact me on twitter.
As I sad in the beginning, if you did everything right and it didn't work, try a different base game.

Credits to:
- Hykem, Proxima and tpunix for sign_np
- Skiler for putting things together and making everything a lot easier
- Major_Tom for his method to create custom bubbles

do you mind sending me an PM with the 3.36 stuff? will test it!
Dessel575

Post by Dessel575 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:04 am

There's nothing to send, I'm just not exactly sure how things work on 3.36, so I don't want to post here any tutorials for 3.36. You can try it (Step 3 on 3.36) and let me know.
dMouZe

Post by dMouZe » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:38 pm

Dessel575 wrote: There's nothing to send, I'm just not exactly sure how things work on 3.36, so I don't want to post here any tutorials for 3.36. You can try it (Step 3 on 3.36) and let me know.
Thing won't work with this tutorial on 3.36 (maybe with a little bit of luck) the original sign_np with VersionKey and CID works ;) i can put up a tutorial if you want. the only thing wich works for 3.36 from this tutorial is changing the Icon + Text with PBOOT + PSPBrew

€dit: Created a tutorial for 3.36
http://hackinformer.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=273
Last edited by dMouZe on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skiller
V.I.P.

Post by Skiller » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:03 am

dMouZe wrote:
Dessel575 wrote: There's nothing to send, I'm just not exactly sure how things work on 3.36, so I don't want to post here any tutorials for 3.36. You can try it (Step 3 on 3.36) and let me know.
Thing won't work with this tutorial on 3.36 (maybe with a little bit of luck) the original sign_np with VersionKey and CID works ;) i can put up a tutorial if you want. the only thing wich works for 3.36 from this tutorial is changing the Icon + Text with PBOOT + PSPBrew

€dit: Created a tutorial for 3.36
http://hackinformer.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=273
When you say Original Sign_NP ?
the files i'm using are the original releases no mods to them
it just Auto Grabs the IDs and Keys for you no need to get them yourself.
and reading your Guide http://hackinformer.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=273
there its stating the same process as what i have set for the Bat So i dont know why it would not work on 3.36 can you tell me the process im missing for it to work there and i can put it in? if its not already there that is.

also i will leave it to @ss4Gogeta069 to release the updates to the Bat that goes with the latest version 1.0.4 and adds in the new stuff ;) also a very nice STARTDAT.PNG that everyone should just use as Default ;) jk but its nice

iv not been following this scene.. but i try to help the people around me when i can ;)
Last edited by Skiller on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dessel575

Post by Dessel575 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:07 am

there its stating the same process as what i have set for the Bat So i dont know why it would not work on 3.36 can you tell me the process im missing for it to work there and i can put it in? if its not already there that is.
I know, his post made me confused. I said this tutorial was for <3.30 only, because I wasn't sure how things work on e.g. 3.36. It was all about Step 3, which is about transferring EBOOT.PBP to PS Vita, everything else is same on all firmwares. I know what to do now, so I will add the instructions for 3.36.

@Skiller Thank you for your hard work, you make it easier for people. Let me know when you're finished. :)
Dessel575

RE: How to create PSP game/homebrew bubbles using Skiller's tools v2

Post by Dessel575 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:39 am

MovingxTarget wrote: Made a account just to say this is the best tutorial available for the vita bubbles. Better than Zetts and others imo. Thanks!
Thank you. :)
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Ok, so there should be an article coming out today with the new version of Skiller's tool. Keep an eye out.
Game Genie Rocks! Check it out! Game Genie Website
dMouZe

Post by dMouZe » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 pm

Dunno with Skillers tool it just kicks me back to the homescreen most of the time, sometimes it works.. but when i do it on my own every game works so far...