[Need Help] Open CMA r5 Trouble

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
Robert Andujar

[Need Help] Open CMA r5 Trouble

Post by Robert Andujar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 pm

I'm trying to go through with the new Patapon 2 exploit and I'm starting that process off by committing to the Open CMA r5 hack(mod?) first. I previously updated it a while ago, so I thought that by uninstalling that update and installing an older version of CMA, I could use the Open CMA r5 hack.

However, after copying and pasting what was in the Open CMA r5 rar file into the official CMA folder, it still says that I'll need to update. I feel like I'm either doing something wrong or the update notice on my PC is only because my Vita is too high of a FW for those shenanigans. (my FW is 3.35, where the Patapon 2 exploit works for 3.36 and supposedly lower)

Should I update my Vita and CMA and go through the exploit or is there another method? Or am I just doing something wrong?

EDIT: I honestly didn't know where to place this post. This was my first post and I wasn't sure nor aware if there was a help section, so I posted to the near next best place represented.
Last edited by Robert Andujar on Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freakler
Site Admin

RE: [Need Help] Open CMA r5 Trouble

Post by Freakler » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 pm

hey! Welcome at hackinformer!

Sometimes the OpenCMA mod bugs with the update message.. But all revisions of CMA are working fine with the OpenCMA patcher. Just try redoing what you are doing and disable wifi.
Otherwise you might consider using QCMA which has more functions.

And because of updating or not i see no problem in the first place, it hasnt much changed from 335 to 336. Though the Patapon Exploit works on all Firmwares as of now..
Robert Andujar

Post by Robert Andujar » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Ok thanks. Also, does there happen to be a FAQ or all-around guide for the Patapon 2 Exploit? I have another problem one of the steps at the moment but, unless I'm aware, I haven't seen any post of the guide nor anything extensive.
Freakler
Site Admin

Post by Freakler » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Robert Andujar wrote: Ok thanks. Also, does there happen to be a FAQ or all-around guide for the Patapon 2 Exploit? I have another problem one of the steps at the moment but, unless I'm aware, I haven't seen any post of the guide nor anything extensive.
Sure, check this out: http://hackinformer.com/2015/01/26/guid ... r-fw-3-36/

And make sure to use v3 (http://hackinformer.com/2015/01/27/psvi ... version-3/)
vanstyx

Post by vanstyx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:56 pm

i have 3.36 numblast and im haveing problems with my open cma as well it keeps wanting me to update
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:30 pm

Have you turned wifi off and put your vita in airplane mode, then restarted the vita before connecting?
Game Genie Rocks! Check it out! Game Genie Website
vanstyx

Post by vanstyx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:36 pm

so i have to shut my internet off when i do it
ss4gogeta069

Post by ss4gogeta069 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:11 pm

On the Vita yes. and put it in airplane mode and restart the vita. Not literally turn off your router, I mean wifi on your vita
Game Genie Rocks! Check it out! Game Genie Website