Is it possible to play .EBOOT ps1 games using ark-2?

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
Andrew Sweeney

Is it possible to play .EBOOT ps1 games using ark-2?

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:36 pm

I have ark-2 and 138 menu hooked up and working. I was wondering if I can play my ps1 EBOOT games and put them in my iso folder and put them in the same place I put my regular psp iso's for my vita? Would that work? Also I heard that playing ps1 games on my version of (ark-2 3.36 "hotbrain" exploit) will not play ps1 games with sound. But not to confuse anyone and stay on topic, I just was wondering if I load the .EBOOT ps1 games in the same way I have been putting my .ISO's for psp games on my vita? Thanks for any help!
AKA: PortableIsBetter
Conjo

RE: Is it possible to play .EBOOT ps1 games using ark-2?

Post by Conjo » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:49 am

PS1 EBOOT games goes on a folder on PSP/GAME/, for example:
/PSP/GAME/SF/EBOOT.PBP
And yes, they will play without sound.
Andrew Sweeney

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Conjo wrote: PS1 EBOOT games goes on a folder on PSP/GAME/, for example:
/PSP/GAME/SF/EBOOT.PBP
And yes, they will play without sound.
Thanks so much for your reply. I think I will just wait till ps1 games will play with sound on the vita- if they ever do. I am just fine playing them on my psp go with sound. I just was trying to take advantage of the second analog stick :)
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:59 pm

[/quote]
Thanks so much for your reply. I think I will just wait till ps1 games will play with sound on the vita- if they ever do. I am just fine playing them on my psp go with sound. I just was trying to take advantage of the second analog stick :)
[/quote]

Don't worry TN-X will let you have ps1 sound.. it's coming soon and if you were of 3.18fw you could have got a taste of it with the leak that happen a while back..
Andrew Sweeney

Post by Andrew Sweeney » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:35 pm

hackinformer wrote:
[/quote]

Don't worry TN-X will let you have ps1 sound.. it's coming soon and if you were of 3.18fw you could have got a taste of it with the leak that happen a while back..
[/quote]

Oh that's GREAT!! Good to hear! I unfortunately have both my vitas at 3.36. I can't wait till I can play Resident Evil on the vita and take full use of the second analog stick! I probably will need a tutorial but I am learning slowly all about how to properly set up all these cool things on the vita! Thanks for all the great info!