Help section for PKG Installer, Custom Themes, Trophy hack, PSTV white list & more

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
hackinformer
Site Admin

Help section for PKG Installer, Custom Themes, Trophy hack, PSTV white list & more

Post by hackinformer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:26 am

Need help PKG Installer, Custom Themes, Trophy hack, PSTV white list & Re-Birth of the Bubbles,fake the Vita's Region for all FW. Then ask here and we will do our best to help you out..
firemarth

RE: Help section for PKG Installer, Custom Themes, Trophy hack, PSTV white list & more

Post by firemarth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:42 am

Just did the Region Fake hack...and I have no idea if it worked? Or if it works for the use I'm trying it for?

Trying to use it so I can download DLC for a Japanese game without going through the whole second memory card process.

The hack installed just fine...but there's nothing different in my system at all, and I don't see anywhere I can check to even see if the hack went through.
bmlzootown

Post by bmlzootown » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:49 am

Thanks for this thread!

Anyway, to my issue: I've tried the exact steps mentioned in the re-birth bubbles tutorial with both Ape Escape and God Eater Burst a few times each. I keep getting "Cannot start this application" each and every single time. I've double checked my spelling, placement in the file system, etc. and I have even gone as far as copy-pasting directly from the tutorial itself.

One thing I did notice, at least with my version of the FTP client, it doesn't want to copy over the EBOOT.PBP at all, whatsoever. Ended up writing it via the alternate method. Double checked file sizes, and all was good, though it still didn't boot.

And help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
heleius

RE: Help section for PKG Installer, Custom Themes, Trophy hack, PSTV white list & ...

Post by heleius » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:40 pm

firemarth wrote: Just did the Region Fake hack...and I have no idea if it worked? Or if it works for the use I'm trying it for?

Trying to use it so I can download DLC for a Japanese game without going through the whole second memory card process.

The hack installed just fine...but there's nothing different in my system at all, and I don't see anywhere I can check to even see if the hack went through.
Quickest way to find out if the system has actually changed regions is to power down the unit and turn back on and enter recovery by holding r and ps and power buttons

In the recovery menu if it changed regions then where it says press x to make selection it should say press o to make selection. Another way to check is by opening up CMA, JP region Vita's have an option to connect to an Nasne device that is only available in Japan. If CMA has an option to connect to Nasne then you know you've successfully changed regions.

But the thing is the vita is region free by nature. Even if you change the region of the device he will still need to create a new JP account to access the JP store. For example my JP region vita accesses the U.S. Store because I'm using a U.S. account.
heleius

RE: Help section for PKG Installer, Custom Themes, Trophy hack, PSTV white list & ...

Post by heleius » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:44 pm

bmlzootown wrote: Thanks for this thread!

Anyway, to my issue: I've tried the exact steps mentioned in the re-birth bubbles tutorial with both Ape Escape and God Eater Burst a few times each. I keep getting "Cannot start this application" each and every single time. I've double checked my spelling, placement in the file system, etc. and I have even gone as far as copy-pasting directly from the tutorial itself.

One thing I did notice, at least with my version of the FTP client, it doesn't want to copy over the EBOOT.PBP at all, whatsoever. Ended up writing it via the alternate method. Double checked file sizes, and all was good, though it still didn't boot.

And help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I would try reactivating your Vita in the settings->psn menu. Sounds like your Vita may have deactivated it's self. Let us know if reactivating it makes it work...
bmlzootown

Post by bmlzootown » Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:45 pm

heleius wrote: I would try reactivating your Vita in the settings->psn menu. Sounds like your Vita may have deactivated it's self. Let us know if reactivating it makes it work...
Erm, is that even feasible on FW 3.50 without updating to a newer version?
I can restore the game from a backup just fine, and it runs, along with any Rejuvenate-based homebrew and ePSP homebrew. Everything works fine beforehand. >.<
joemamma

RE: Help section for PKG Installer, Custom Themes, Trophy hack, PSTV white list & more

Post by joemamma » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:59 pm

All my saves are deleted. I don't know how. Can i fix it?
heleius

Post by heleius » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:46 pm

bmlzootown wrote:
heleius wrote: I would try reactivating your Vita in the settings->psn menu. Sounds like your Vita may have deactivated it's self. Let us know if reactivating it makes it work...
Erm, is that even feasible on FW 3.50 without updating to a newer version?
I can restore the game from a backup just fine, and it runs, along with any Rejuvenate-based homebrew and ePSP homebrew. Everything works fine beforehand. >.<
sorry didn't realize you were on a lower fw. in that case the only way to reactivate it is with a ps3, but if you are able to copy other games back and forth from cma and they work then that isn't the issue. Freakler or Hackinformer will have to answer this one for you. I got all of this info when it was released to the public yesterday myself.

Try sending them a DM, sorry I couldn't help with this one...
TyMiles2012

Post by TyMiles2012 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:13 pm

heleius wrote:Quickest way to find out if the system has actually changed regions is to power down the unit and turn back on and enter recovery by holding r and ps and power buttons

In the recovery menu if it changed regions then where it says press x to make selection it should say press o to make selection. Another way to check is by opening up CMA, JP region Vita's have an option to connect to an Nasne device that is only available in Japan. If CMA has an option to connect to Nasne then you know you've successfully changed regions.

But the thing is the vita is region free by nature. Even if you change the region of the device he will still need to create a new JP account to access the JP store. For example my JP region vita accesses the U.S. Store because I'm using a U.S. account.
Then what's the point of faking the region. :/ I mean, yea, it works, but my plan was to download PSO2 using my US PSN, so I wouldn't have to reformat and all that jazz.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:36 am

Then what's the point of faking the region. :/ I mean, yea, it works, but my plan was to download PSO2 using my US PSN, so I wouldn't have to reformat and all that jazz.
[/quote]

I only use it for game saves like JP saves on a US account
Last edited by hackinformer on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.