Vita Game with cart with update for EML Write/Rejuvenate

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
MeTAL-VeLCRo

Vita Game with cart with update for EML Write/Rejuvenate

Post by MeTAL-VeLCRo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:15 am

So here are the games I have to get this out of the way. None seem to have updates in the Live Area and all are R1 carts unless noted

Freedom Wars - Updates but are done in game it seems
Soul Sacrifice Delta - PSN version but when using PS3 install method updates prior to install
Soul Sacrifice Delta - R3 cart just bought but not even here. Anyhow my PSN account is US so I don't think that ouwl even work
Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 - Bought this as I was told it had updates but alas it didn't. 
Batman Ark Origins Blackgate - Don't see any updates for this one (Turns out this game did have one I just had Vitaupdateblocker running during test, still got a great game at a great deal thanks to hackinformer via twitter with his post about Resistance: Burning Skies on sale via Amazon.)
God of War Collection - again no updates
Persona 4 Golden - No updates I  can see on this one
FFX HD - No update
FF X-2 - PSN download no update
FF X-2 - R3 cart and US account again 
Retro City Rampage - Small and has update but PSn so I can't install from PS3 without it auto installing updates. 

Now does this PSM Runtime update that is a PKG install work? I have heard about it but no real info. IOt is accessed via the settings menu. 

My PSTV I run hacks on is 3.20 but I have a 3.52 I am going to update to 3.55 once I get the bubble setup for ARK/TN-V as it is just my PSN Store PSTV system and PS4 Link system. With the id.dat swapping makes it nice and easy to grab stuff from PSN with that system for my beloved 3.20 system 

Now That means I can grab a small free game/app that has a update if possible. I can avoid the PS3 install completely. I was told and seen Borderlands 2 Vita cart for sure has this but I already own it on PS3 and didn't really like it enough to rebuy it. All my "Vita's" are really just PSTV's. I do have both custom whitelist installed which is great as well PKG installer "bubble" if there is a non-DRM PKG I could use to avoid PS store and get an updateable one. 

I would like a "good" game to add to my PSTV collection, Borderlands 2 is neat but much better on PS3 as stated above. So anything from the "custom" whitelist that works for 3.20 in any way would be nice even if it means doing some registry editing. Even if it is just a list/wiki I seem to be over looking as I am sure many people coul duse this. And like a third person perspective game if possible, thanks for all the help in advance.
Last edited by MeTAL-VeLCRo on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freakler
Site Admin

RE: Vita Game with cart with update for EML Write/Rejuvenate

Post by Freakler » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:40 pm

Hey there!

If your 3.20 PSTV and your 3.52 run the same account you could just install the Dev Assistant via the pkg installer on your 3.20 and transfer it via CMA to your 3.52. No need for the tricky update pkg installer trick. :)
MeTAL-VeLCRo

Post by MeTAL-VeLCRo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Ok as the 3.20 is the only one I really care about, I got the 3.52 system in a package deal with a broken PS4 for $70. Got it fixed for a few bucks and now I use the 3.52 to get PSN access on my 3.20 system using id.dat memory card swap trick. Once Vitaupdate Blocker stops working I'll go to 3.55 as I have TNV-11 and ARK installed. And both are on same account, but I have to use QCMA right for PKG install? I have the bubble working on my system just can never seem to get QCMA to detect my system. OpenCMA works great but no PKG support. Is there a place on the MC one can install PKG's from? Also Vitadefiler is Smoke's method the only way to get it on the PSTV without an actual Vita? Info seems to be kinda scarce or scattered for PSTV only users. Thanks so for all the info and your guides so far. They have proven to be a valuable resource. And as long as one takes the time to read fully before jumping in its all anyone needs. I haven't had a single issue I see so many griping about.
Last edited by MeTAL-VeLCRo on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:08 pm

if you have cma installed, delete it as it can mess with qcma. Also try connecting vai wifi with qcma for your vita and see if that helps.
Last edited by hackinformer on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeTAL-VeLCRo

Post by MeTAL-VeLCRo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:37 pm

I don't own a Vita only PSTV and I got Resistance via your twitter post aka I'm atreyu187 :)