Been out of the vita loop for a while - Questions/advice

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
Shadowtrance

Been out of the vita loop for a while - Questions/advice

Post by Shadowtrance » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:16 pm

So yeah been out of the vita loop for a while and was going to update my PSTV from 3.36 to 3.55, new game needs 3.52 or higher... (still have my 3.18 vita).
But figured I'd try and see if it's possible to maintain some hax on the updated PSTV anyway if possible.

So i was wondering what has to be done to update my current custom bubbles etc to still work on 3.55?
The bubbles were created using the old method with the & folder trick.
Do i need to wipe them out and recreate them using the new method or will they continue to work as is?

I have not updated yet btw...still on 3.36.
hackinformer
Site Admin

RE: Been out of the vita loop for a while - Questions/advice

Post by hackinformer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:02 pm

No you will need to do the rebirth of bubble or the new pboot trick as the old hacks don't work anymore. For the PSTV you will also need to use the new hacks.

Just visit our guide and pick your FW and it will walk you through all the hacks available for each FW.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/

If I was you I wouldn't update past 3.51 or 3.52 if you do you will lose a lot of cool tricks, like custom themes.
Shadowtrance

RE: Been out of the vita loop for a while - Questions/advice

Post by Shadowtrance » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:10 pm

hackinformer wrote: No you will need to do the rebirth of bubble or the new pboot trick as the old hacks don't work anymore.  For the PSTV you will also need to use the new hacks.

Just visit our guide and pick your FW and it will walk you through all the hacks available  for each FW.
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/

If I was you I wouldn't update past 3.51 or 3.52 if you do you will lose a lot of cool tricks, like custom themes.
Yeah I've just been looking over the PlaystationGuide. :)
Hmm is there a way to update to a specific firmware version or am i out of luck?