Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne

zachillios

Re: Dark Souls 3 / Bloodborne

Post by zachillios » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:53 pm

Stocking_An wrote:Howdy! Now, I haven't done to much looking myself, (and I will if nobody knows about this) but does anybody know if status effects like poisoned, frenzied, buffs, etc. are stored within the save data? I was hoping to complete my Lady Maria cosplay fun run by being permanently Old Hunter Bone'd for that extra consistency.
I'm really curious to what extent I can play with the character, and SW is just made for goofy stuff like this in my opinion. If anyone's got any info please do share it! :)
The best you could do on that front (as far as I know) is give yourself infinite bullets so you can use the bone as much as you want. The method of doing that has been covered in this thread multiple times.
Stocking_An

Post by Stocking_An » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:16 am

zachillios wrote:
Stocking_An wrote:Howdy! Now, I haven't done to much looking myself, (and I will if nobody knows about this) but does anybody know if status effects like poisoned, frenzied, buffs, etc. are stored within the save data? I was hoping to complete my Lady Maria cosplay fun run by being permanently Old Hunter Bone'd for that extra consistency.
I'm really curious to what extent I can play with the character, and SW is just made for goofy stuff like this in my opinion. If anyone's got any info please do share it! :)
The best you could do on that front (as far as I know) is give yourself infinite bullets so you can use the bone as much as you want. The method of doing that has been covered in this thread multiple times.
Alright, thanks.
One problem however, has Bloodborne been set to QMO? My edits aren't manifesting in-game, period. I haven't used SW in a hot minute, so maybe something changed.
I've never tried a QMO game so I have no idea what it actually does, but I do know that it restricts Adv. Mode stuff.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:49 am

Stocking_An wrote:
zachillios wrote:
Alright, thanks.
One problem however, has Bloodborne been set to QMO? My edits aren't manifesting in-game, period. I haven't used SW in a hot minute, so maybe something changed.
I've never tried a QMO game so I have no idea what it actually does, but I do know that it restricts Adv. Mode stuff.
Number one mistake people make is editing the wrong save. Bloodborne has a drop down menu in advanced mode that allows you to select your save slot. They're also offset by 1. Meaning, if you're editing the first save slot, you'd select 0, if you were doing the 2nd, it would be 1, 3rd would be 2, etc.
Stocking_An

Post by Stocking_An » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:17 am

zachillios wrote:Number one mistake people make is editing the wrong save. Bloodborne has a drop down menu in advanced mode that allows you to select your save slot. They're also offset by 1. Meaning, if you're editing the first save slot, you'd select 0, if you were doing the 2nd, it would be 1, 3rd would be 2, etc.
I feel insulted! I'm certainly no newbie! :lol:
I figured out the issue however; it was some weirdness with SW placing my backups in my storage device in place of the edited file. Turning off backups fixed the issue, though its a little annoying having to make manual backups when I'm testing things frequently. It may be a privileges issue, I'll investigate later.
The lack of any modification was driving me mad though, to be sure. I must have swapped armors, weapons, and items at least 10 times before I fixed that (a whole night's worth of faffing about.)
Needless to say I'm happy to have it be fixed. Thanks for your help, Zachillios.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Stocking_An wrote:
zachillios wrote:Number one mistake people make is editing the wrong save. Bloodborne has a drop down menu in advanced mode that allows you to select your save slot. They're also offset by 1. Meaning, if you're editing the first save slot, you'd select 0, if you were doing the 2nd, it would be 1, 3rd would be 2, etc.
I feel insulted! I'm certainly no newbie! :lol:
I figured out the issue however; it was some weirdness with SW placing my backups in my storage device in place of the edited file. Turning off backups fixed the issue, though its a little annoying having to make manual backups when I'm testing things frequently. It may be a privileges issue, I'll investigate later.
The lack of any modification was driving me mad though, to be sure. I must have swapped armors, weapons, and items at least 10 times before I fixed that (a whole night's worth of faffing about.)
Needless to say I'm happy to have it be fixed. Thanks for your help, Zachillios.
That's really odd, but thank you for posting the fix. May help someone else down the line.
Battlemon

Post by Battlemon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:04 am

Guys, I have an important question, I updated to 5.50 and I need want to re-edit something in Bloodborne (made a mistake in the hex) is there any chance I can edit my save with 5.50?
like "downgrade" the save or something like that? I'm really desperate...
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:36 am

Battlemon wrote:Guys, I have an important question, I updated to 5.50 and I need want to re-edit something in Bloodborne (made a mistake in the hex) is there any chance I can edit my save with 5.50?
Short answer: no. Long answer: If you have another ps4 on you that's on a lower firmware, yes. It's tricky to do though.
Battlemon

Post by Battlemon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:49 am

zachillios wrote:
Battlemon wrote:Guys, I have an important question, I updated to 5.50 and I need want to re-edit something in Bloodborne (made a mistake in the hex) is there any chance I can edit my save with 5.50?
Short answer: no. Long answer: If you have another ps4 on you that's on a lower firmware, yes. It's tricky to do though.
could you explain? I could use the console of a friend.
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:06 am

Battlemon wrote:
zachillios wrote:
could you explain? I could use the console of a friend.
If I'm remembering this correctly: On the unupgraded firmware ps4, download one of your PS+ cloud saves to the console. This save can be safely edited. You can then just move the save back to your other ps4. But note they cannot have updated, you must have a ps+, and you'll probably have to use one of your save wizard slots for their psn.
JDFRED06

Post by JDFRED06 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:46 am

You can also just make a few characters and builds, then keep them on a jump drive. I have a few starter characters, and a few finished builds, all saved on my pc. I can just edit them from there, then upload to my PS4.

You can upload and edit saves from old firmware to new easily. It's just that, right now, you can't edit new firmware saves. They usually fix it in a couple of weeks.