Question about if Save Wizard will affect trophy farming?

Can't find an answer to your question? Ask here!
inveracity

Question about if Save Wizard will affect trophy farming?

Post by inveracity » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 pm

In the site's FAQs it doesn't really give a clear answer about being able to farm for trophies using Save Wizard. I can only assume if you're using a fixed save that it won't trigger trophies. HOWEVER, if you take a save and fix it up, play the save, then take the cheats off of this particular save, will trophies trigger?

Basically, I'm dumb and missed four trophies on Shadow of War, all four requiring a second playthrough. I'm not trying to do all that lol so hypothetically, I'm wondering if (assuming the game is one compatible with SW) if I rush through to these trophies, will they trigger after taking cheats off and I can finish my platinum without cheats activated?
zachillios

Re: Question about if Save Wizard will affect trophy farming?

Post by zachillios » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:35 pm

inveracity wrote:In the site's FAQs it doesn't really give a clear answer about being able to farm for trophies using Save Wizard. I can only assume if you're using a fixed save that it won't trigger trophies. HOWEVER, if you take a save and fix it up, play the save, then take the cheats off of this particular save, will trophies trigger?

Basically, I'm dumb and missed four trophies on Shadow of War, all four requiring a second playthrough. I'm not trying to do all that lol so hypothetically, I'm wondering if (assuming the game is one compatible with SW) if I rush through to these trophies, will they trigger after taking cheats off and I can finish my platinum without cheats activated?
Save Wizard's stance from my knowledge is, they're not involved with trophies at all. Meaning you typically won't see codes made to pop trophies or anything. And this forum's policy (as seen with the Persona 5 incident) doesn't usually support trophy codes either. Your best bet is heading over to http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ They have platinum trophies to help you finish whatever game you want to finish up.
inveracity

Post by inveracity » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 pm

zachillios wrote:
inveracity wrote:In the site's FAQs it doesn't really give a clear answer about being able to farm for trophies using Save Wizard. I can only assume if you're using a fixed save that it won't trigger trophies. HOWEVER, if you take a save and fix it up, play the save, then take the cheats off of this particular save, will trophies trigger?

Save Wizard's stance from my knowledge is, they're not involved with trophies at all. Meaning you typically won't see codes made to pop trophies or anything. And this forum's policy (as seen with the Persona 5 incident) doesn't usually support trophy codes either. Your best bet is heading over to http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ They have platinum trophies to help you finish whatever game you want to finish up.
Hey thanks for the quick reply! So just to make sure I'm clear, and make sure I wasn't confusing in my question:

Once you take a save and add cheats, that's the end of it being capable of trophies? I don't necessarily want to download a ton of platinumed saves just for platinums, I just want to bumrush through until I can do the trophies but take cheats off. I'm afraid that once the cheats have been added, that particular save is tainted from then on. I don't actually have the software (I'm on beta 6.0 so I can't even use it if I want to) but I'm certainly not going to spend money on it if it's going to screw up my ability to get trophies even after I take the cheats off.

I will definitely bookmark NGU though, that's pretty cool just to have as a reference. I never knew any of this was a thing until a week ago!
zachillios

Post by zachillios » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:36 am

inveracity wrote:
zachillios wrote:

Hey thanks for the quick reply! So just to make sure I'm clear, and make sure I wasn't confusing in my question:

Once you take a save and add cheats, that's the end of it being capable of trophies? I don't necessarily want to download a ton of platinumed saves just for platinums, I just want to bumrush through until I can do the trophies but take cheats off. I'm afraid that once the cheats have been added, that particular save is tainted from then on. I don't actually have the software (I'm on beta 6.0 so I can't even use it if I want to) but I'm certainly not going to spend money on it if it's going to screw up my ability to get trophies even after I take the cheats off.

I will definitely bookmark NGU though, that's pretty cool just to have as a reference. I never knew any of this was a thing until a week ago!
Nope, it doesn't flag your save. You can still earn trophies. The only time I'd think of a cheat messing up with a platinum is if you do something really crazy like change your map, or add a key item. Basic cheats like money and so forth shouldn't impair trophy progress.
inveracity

Post by inveracity » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:05 am

zachillios wrote:
inveracity wrote:
zachillios wrote:

Nope, it doesn't flag your save. You can still earn trophies. The only time I'd think of a cheat messing up with a platinum is if you do something really crazy like change your map, or add a key item. Basic cheats like money and so forth shouldn't impair trophy progress.
Thanks a bunch, this is the kind of information I was looking for. I really don't even know what kind of cheats there may be for Shadow of War but my OCD is driving me insane every time I look at my trophy list lol! And that's if they're taken off the save right? Or even if they're on? Sorry for the confusion lol you helped a lot, I just want to be sure I'm understanding. If there's no need to take the cheats off of my save I'm not gonna bother with it and just leave them on, because after platinum trophy achievement I'd just delete the game off my HD to save space.