Weird Issue While Trying To Install Game Update

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
pinky

Weird Issue While Trying To Install Game Update

Post by pinky » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:14 am

alright, I'm trying to initialize a game update in order to install the defiler client on my pstv, but for some reason, the system always asks me to update my system software. the game I'm using is Borderlands 2, and my firmware is 3.20 btw. anyway, I don't recall this message ever popping up before. I tried using the same game on my ps vita (fw 3.50), and no "update system software" message appeared. I was taken straight to the update download itself. does anyone know what's going on with this? thank u!
hackinformer
Site Admin

RE: Weird Issue While Trying To Install Game Update

Post by hackinformer » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:20 am

That is strange that it's doing that cuz my 3.18 unit doesn't ask for it either like your 3.50 unit. I would try using Vita update blocker for giggles just to see if that helps. Also, make sure to completely turn off the PSTV or unplug it to make sure the update pup is out of the cache but you probably already have done that.
Last edited by hackinformer on Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
pinky

Post by pinky » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:11 am

update blocker results in a "can't connect to server" error. I've tried turning the unit completely off as well as rebuilding the database. I'll try unplugging it next.
pinky

Post by pinky » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:23 am

turning off and restoring the system didn't work. I came here because it doesn't make any sense.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:57 am

All I can say is try a different game to update then as I don't know why its doing that.
pinky

Post by pinky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:13 am

cheapest digital game with an update? I'm honestly willing to bet $100 that no one can figure this out. there must be something wrong with my pstv. it doesn't make sense otherwise.
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:19 am

Ok, I tried is on my PSTV with borderlands2 via cart, just to see if I would ask me to update but it didn't. The PSTV on 3.50FW and I'm using a cart and not a digital game. You could just use a demo like little deviants as I know that has a update file to the demo.