Install/Activate games that require higher firmware versions

You need help or just got a question? Feel free to ask!
Anthraxious

Install/Activate games that require higher firmware versions

Post by Anthraxious » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Hiya!

I recently started to get interested in the Vita hacking after it's been on ice for me. I got a full CFW PSP lying around so I'm not new to the whole thing but it's been a while.

I managed to use the qCMA exploit and transfer a game from my PS3 to my Vita but my issue is that it requires version 3.55 or higher (I'm on 3.52) to install. So basically, I can't even start the game.

I know there is a workaround cause if there wasn't then what's the point of transfering higher FW games to your vita in the first place. My question is HOW I can install it. I tried the PS Vita Update Blocker just to see if the spoofing would help confuse the game but it still asks for 3.55 or higher.

Hopefully someone can point me towards the right tutorial for this. Googling is hard cause I mostly find people trying to access PSN and download games, not activate them on the system.

Really want to be able to play stuff without updating cause I know 3.52 is the last stepping stone before crap gets hard to hack, at least for now.

Thanks for your time!
Last edited by Anthraxious on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hackinformer
Site Admin

RE: Install/Activate games that require higher firmware versions

Post by hackinformer » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:10 pm

If a game wants higher FW then thats what it needs. For 3.55 no you can make bubbles with 3.55 and pboot trick, When you leave 3.52 the email trick doesn't work, but anything you did to it with the email trick will stick around once updated. You just can't fresh your database on the memory card or it will clean the vita memory stick and anything you did to the app.db file.
Anthraxious

Post by Anthraxious » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:26 am

Thanks for info! Gonna have to make that ark bubble on 3.52 then and worst case scenario just buy a game to exploit for 3.55.

Even though you can transfer games without updating firmware I think it's important info to include in the guide that newer games probably won't work cause of this restriction. I couldn't find any info on this here or other sites like wololo.net.

Again thanks for your help!

Ciao
hackinformer
Site Admin

Post by hackinformer » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:01 am

No need for a game exploit anything done in 3.52fw will stick rebirth bubbles or the new pboot bubbles which are on our guide here. http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuid ... A_352.html

Like all the epsp stuff will still work you just need to do everything you want to it before updating it to 3.55 and everything will stick even custom theme which I still have on 3.55. I also made a backup image of the whole vita before I update just to make sure if anything happens to it I can recover everything back.