The Surge??

News, Games Updates and everything SW related
UntoldTruth

The Surge??

Post by UntoldTruth » Sat May 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Any ideas as to whether or not they will add this game?
chris83

Re: The Surge??

Post by chris83 » Sat May 13, 2017 8:37 pm

UntoldTruth wrote:Any ideas as to whether or not they will add this game?
SW might add The Surge, but I won't be playing it anytime soon because the game doesn't look too great. However, when I do play it, I will rent the game from Gamefly.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune » Sun May 14, 2017 4:51 am

Wrong Forum from this topic. Moving to General.
UntoldTruth

Post by UntoldTruth » Sun May 14, 2017 11:08 pm

chris83 wrote:
SW might add The Surge, but I won't be playing it anytime soon because the game doesn't look too great. However, when I do play it, I will rent the game from Gamefly.
Based on the review playstation access put out it actually looks pretty decent. People are just expecting it to be a 100% souls like game with the grand cinematics and awe inspiring bosses and it won't have that. But the combat looks decent and story looks promising.
chris83

Post by chris83 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:52 am

UntoldTruth wrote:
chris83 wrote:
Based on the review playstation access put out it actually looks pretty decent. People are just expecting it to be a 100% souls like game with the grand cinematics and awe inspiring bosses and it won't have that. But the combat looks decent and story looks promising.
After seeing that first boss fight and the graphics, I will just rent the game. I don't like games that particularly try to take ideas for Dark Souls because they are terrible. The developers should focus on the leveling system and think hard about the rest because there are many ways to do boss fights. I know this is about the Surge, but I am going to use Nioh as an example. Looking at Nioh, they spent years analyzing ideas from Dark Souls just to make the game. What happened? Team Ninja forgot about that difficulty level and knew they had to fix Nioh very soon. If you played Ninja Gaiden on PS3, then you will understand how Team Ninja likes difficulty. The developers will make it even harder in the next two dlc's, which is going to make players mad. However, let's hope they don't add path of the ultimate ninja lol. Going back to the Surge, maybe the graphics and gameplay will increase while maintaining the difficulty level, but who knows.